TextFileWriter

Nov 24, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to collect data from the "HelloappsConsole" service and then save it on a text file. I've used the "TextFileWriter" service to specify a location and file name.

This works great by creating a text file, but the file is empty! I don't know how to connect/collect data from the console and then put it in the text file. Can you help?

Thanks! 

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Problem solved!

Connect the "TextFileWriter" with a "Data" block: type the file path and file name including extension (.txt); Set to "TextFileName"

Connect another "TextFileWriter" to a "Calculate" or other data input activity--the data to be stored in the .txt file; Set to "WriteLine"

Enjoy!

Mar 22, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Hi trinitrotolueno, 

I am trying to do the same as u.. i have to collect data from "HalloappsConsole" and save it for further use. I am able to do the first step, i.e. creating a file using the "TextFileWriter" service to specify a location and file name, but as you said before, the file is empty.

I am trying to follow the 2 steps u gave:- 

1) Connect the "TextFileWriter" with a "Data" block: type the file path and file name including extension (.txt); Set to "TextFileName"

2) Connect another "TextFileWriter" to a "Calculate" or other data input activity--the data to be stored in the .txt file; Set to "WriteLine"

but probably I am not able to follow you correctly.  could you please explain the second step explicitly.  where does the "Calculate" or data input block's output goes. I am still not able to save data.

Thanks in advance.